Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Vijay's Azhagiya Tamizh Magan Opens Exclusive

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


The shooting of Vijay’s upcoming film ‘Azhagiya Tamizh Magan’ has been progressing at a very brisk pace in Chennai. Vijay said that the shooting is going on very well and that the movie would be a good entertainer for all his fans. Our VFN team decided to meet up with Vijay at the shooting spot of ‘Azhagiya Tamizh Magan’ for a small interview for which Vijay readily obliged. Here are some excerpts from the interview with Vijay by VFN team

The 175th day function of Pokkiri was a roaring success and was celebrated in a very grand manner. What are your thoughts about the function?

Vijay: I have a lot of memories from the function that I will cherish forever. My fans have given me everything that I have ever wished for, including the title ILAYATHALAPATHY. I felt that I should celebrate the success of Pokkiri along with my fans because they have made the film such a big success. I conveyed this idea to the producer Ramesh Babu who organized this function in a very efficient manner along with my father SA Chandrasekar and with my PRO Mr. PT Selvakumar.

My fans had come from various parts of Tamil Nadu for this function and elevated the function to great heights. I am thankful to them for making the function a big success. The moment that I will always cherish is the applause and the ovation that I received when I came to the venue for the function. The fans applauded the performances of all the artistes who had performed on stage and gave a great welcome to all the artistes who had come to the function. All these applause and appreciation of the fans becomes the biggest energy for any artist. My fans are what I consider as the gift that God has given to me.

The biggest highlight of the silver jubilee function of Pokkiri was the dance performance by the physically challenged children under the guidance of Dance master Lawrence. What are your thoughts on that?

Vijay: I had asked my father to personally invite Lawrence to bring the children and perform with them during this function. When I saw their performance on the stage, a big wave of happiness swept through my heart. I was totally mesmerized seeing that performance. I am sure that their performance was a God sent gift to them. When Lawrence told in his speech that he wanted me to dance on stage, I was initially shocked. But when he asked me to dance specially for those children who had performed on stage, I was really touched. I wanted to make those children happy and so I decided to dance on stage. The happiness on the faces of those children is invaluable.

Please tell us something about Azhagiya Tamizh Magan?

Vijay: The shoot for Azhagiya Tamizh Magan is going on at a very brisk pace. We recently shot for a song at Phuket Islands featuring myself and Namitha. There are a few more songs to be shot for this movie. This movie has certainly been a different journey for me in my film career.

I want to tell one very important thing to my fans. “Do not have big expectations for this movie”. The fans might come to this movie expecting a Pokkiri or Ghilli or Thirupachi. It is better to come to this movie without any pre-conceived hype and expectations. I am sure that all my fans will be fulfilled with this movie if they come without many expectations.

Please tell us something about your next film after ATM?

Vijay: As you all know, Dharani Sir will be the director of my next film after Azhagiya Tamizh Magan. Discussions about my next film are going on right now with the concerned people. I am very eager to work in this film and I am waiting for the shooting to commence soon.

Your costumes in Azhagiya Tamizh Magan have been the talk of the town. How do you manage to get such beautiful costumes in your films?

Vijay: After my marriage, my style of costumes has changed. My wife Sangeetha has been instrumental in suggesting different styles of costumes to my costume designer Mr. Rajendran who has been incorporating her ideas into designing my costumes. Now, Nalini Sriram who has been designing my costumes for Pokkiri and now Azhagiya Tamizh Magan also has been giving a lot of different costumes which have been really good. Costumes have always played a major highlight in my recent films.

We thank Vijay for taking his precious time off to interact with us and patiently answer our questions.

0 comments: